BCC works hard to provide a safe and fun event, however, you are solely responsible at all times for your own health, safety and behavior and that of any children in your care.
Attendees of all ages are expected to respect the rules and requests of both Baitcon and The Abode. These rules are on our website and your registration is your acknowledgement that you agreed to adhere to and abide by Baitcon’s rules as well as any/all rules posted on-site during the event. If you do not abide by these rules, you will be asked to leave and may be held liable for your actions. The Abode may require that you sign an additional waiver of liability when you arrive at Baitcon’s Welcome Tent.
A rule we need to emphasize:
Absolutely NO marking on, drawing on, or altering of structures at the site without the express permission of the Baitcon Executive Committee. This applies particularly to the Sanctuary, the Labyrinth, and other sacred structures.
Not obeying this rule will make you subject to expulsion, and puts all of Baitcon at risk.
- Do not harass, threaten or otherwise treat anyone in a disrespectful or inappropriate manner. Respect property as well – both Baitcon’s stuff and the site, as well as cars, people’s stuff, etc. Baitcon reserves the right to remove any person(s) causing a disturbance, violating the terms of these rules and our lease, and/or behaving in a threatening, violent, harassing or unreasonable manner.
- Every child under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. Parents are responsible for the safety and behavior of their child(ren) at all times. If any member of BCC observes or is made aware of a safety or behavior issue with one of our younger attendees, we will do our best to quickly locate the relevant parent so that he/she can address the issue. Quiet space for calming snuggles or time-outs can be arranged by request.
- We welcome newcomers as long as you received this invite directly from us or a previous attendee and contact us BEFORE you register and your previous-attendee friend will also be attending Baitcon.
- Absolutely NO candles, tiki torches, campfires, campstoves, fires, or flames near, in, or around your tent/cabin or open campground areas. The Abode’s mountain sanctuary building was destroyed by fire when someone left a candle unattended, thus we ask that you honor this condition of our lease. There WILL be a bonfire each evening in the firepit near the dining area. BCC may put up tiki torches and citronella candles in the main gathering areas as those have been ok’d by the Abode and will be supervised by BCC.
- Absolutely NO marking on, drawing on, or altering of structures at the site without the express permission of the Baitcon Executive Committee. This applies particularly to the Sanctuary, the Labyrinth, and other sacred structures.
- Avoid storing food in your tent or cabin.
- Do not block the cars with EMERGENCY VEHICLE placards on the dash.
- If you aren’t working on meal prep, please stay out of the kitchen. Some kitchen time will be provided (with times posted) for those who need a stove to make their Ice Cream flavor.
- All children under 18 must be supervised by a parent or guardian if swimming in the pond.
- NO non-human pets. The *only* exceptions to this rule are guide-animals. If you rely on a guide-animal to help you function, please let us know in advance and please be sure to respect other attendees potential allergies, have your animal pee/poop in areas far away from the festivities and clean up after them.
- NO smoking.
- NO guns or other weapons allowed. No threatening behavior, action or speech allowed.
- NO playing with the generators or the power by anyone other than BCC.
- Do not damage or alter any of the mountain campground structures.
- NO nudity in or near the kitchen, food serving areas, great pavilion tent, LN2 and ice cream making areas.
- No selling of items or services. Those performing at Baitcon are allowed to sell performance-related merchandise such as CDs. This is the only exception to this rule. If you have questions, please see JB or corwin.
- NO use or playing with the LN2 or the dewers except in the presence of designated members of the ice cream freezing crew.
- This is a private event. And this year there is NO admittance to non-registered guests. Registration closes on June 23rd this year. If you show up at the event without having registered and paid in advance, you will not be allowed entrance to the mountain campground/Baitcon. . This has never happened and we doubt that it ever will, but any and all attendees must be known to a host or current attendee, must not be a threat to anyone else at the event and must behave in a respectful and safe manner at all times
- Baitcon does not serve alcohol. If you are of legal drinking age and you decide to bring a small amount of alcohol for personal use, please drink responsibly. Baitcon is not an event where it’s acceptable to get obnoxiously drunk.
- Avoid psychodrama. If psychodrama develops, please contain it to a private area so that it does not spoil the ice cream for others. There are MANY acres of forest for you to go wander around while you cool off.
- Baitcon happens rain or shine. We don’t give refunds for bad weather.
- By registering for Baitcon, you agree to be completely responsible and fully liable for your actions, health, safety, behavior and fun. You agree to respect Baitcon, JB, Kimberly, BCC and the Abode of the Message as well as all property, lands, people, animals and ice cream and do no harm to anyone or anything.
If you do not abide by these rules, you will be asked to leave and may be held liable for your actions.
(At the base of it all, many of these rules are expansions of Wheaton’s Law.)