MapHere are directions – remember to carpool!
From the Boston Area
- Take I-90 (Mass Pike) west into New York.
- Take the first NY exit – Exit B3/Rt.22.
- Turn right off the exit (Route 22 North).
- Take 22 North approximately 8 miles to Route 20 East and turn right.
- Follow New Lebanon directions listed below. Estimated time is 2.5-3 hours.
From the DC Area
- Take I-95 north towards New York.
- Take the exit onto I-295 north towards the New Jersey Turnpike/Delaware
- Memorial Bridge. Continue on the NJ Turnpike to exit 11.
- Take exit 11 and merge onto the Garden State Parkway north.
- Travel approx. 46 miles until you reach the New York State Thruway.
- Go north on the NY State Thurway for approx. 110 miles.
- Take exit 21A towards I-90 E/Mass Turnpike (which merges into the NY State Thurway *east*).
- After 22.9 miles, take exit B3 for Route 22 towards Austerlitz/New Lebanon.
- Turn left at Rt.22.
- Turn right at Columbia Pike/US-20 East. Within 100 yards will be downtown New Lebanon.
- Follow New Lebanon directions listed below. Estimated time is 6.5 hours.
From the Albany Area
- Take I-90 towards Boston.
- Take exit 11-E (Route 20 East).
- Continue on Route 20 to New Lebanon.
- Follow New Lebanon directions listed below. Estimated time is 40 minutes.
From New York City
- The Abode folks recommend taking the Taconic Parkway which is faster and more scenic than the Thruway.
- Exit at Route 295 East (right turn).
- Follow 295 East to Route 22 North (traffic light).
- Turn left onto Route 22 North.
- Travel approximately 5 miles to Route 20.
- Turn right onto Route 20 East. Within 100 yards you will be in downtown New Lebanon.
- Follow New Lebanon directions listed below. Estimated time is 3 hours.
From New Lebanon
- Follow Route 20 east through the town.
- Approximately one mile up the hill beyond downtown, turn right at the Mt. Lebanon Shaker Village/Darrow School sign. There will be a Baitcon sign marking this turn.
- Drive through the Darrow School campus and in approximately one mile, you will see the Abode of the Message.
- Follow signs marking the road up to the mountain campground. Do not stop/park on the main campus near the Abode buildings. You’ll see Baitcon signs and likely BCC folks helping direct traffic up the steep, one-lane road that leads to the mountain campground.
See the Arrival & Parking section for more information.